Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Home Tour 2014

So I still have the occasional home project that I want to complete (like adding a saying or patterned insert to the short burlap "curtain" I hung in the kitchen window) but for the most part, when I look around my home I feel comfortable and that the final touches that have been completed to it are completely representative of how I want home to be. While there might be the occasional movement of furniture within the rooms (and should M relocate then I'll need to secure an extra guest bed for the front bedroom), the home finally feels completed. I realized in reviewing past blog posts that I haven't posted any updates of how the home currently looks so thought I'd add some pictures here:

LIVING ROOM (viewed from the front entry):
although it may just as easily return to this lay-out: 

The Den (off the kitchen):
(furniture rotated and TV came in this space as it can be shut off from the rest of the house)


The Eating Area

Kitchen (viewed from the den looking toward the rest of the house):

Guest/Furnished Rental Room: 
(Eventually I might like to find a used silver metal bedframe for this space.)

My Master Bedroom: 
Love, Love, Love this finally completed space.

Of course, in the back of my mind I have LOTS of grand ideas for how to upgrade the actual spaces if it was a purchased home and not a rental (wood floors, tiled kitchen, rotate kitchen, darken kitchen cabinets and upgrade counter tops to concrete or recycled glass, redo bathrooms, upgrade windows, stain fireplace & add a mantel/built-ins, remove gas stove in den, add external vent to kitchen, create "open" concept), but I've seriously come to love the easy comfort the dogs and I have created in the space. The house is now a home that is every bit representative of who I am and how I want to view the world: full of light, soothing beachy colors, bits of texture and pattern, international components, simply furnished, functionally organized, inspiring art and wall hangings, mixes of old, organic, used, and newer elements, but most of all, well loved and lived-in.

2 comments:

  1. It's fun to see how your space is decorated. And I love the canvas photos above you bed! I am terrible at decorating and making my home feel cozy. I just don't have that gene and I rarely have people over so I feel like it's a waste of my energy when I am the only one that sees it, which is probably not the right attitude to have! But I do love the photos I have on my walls as many are photos I have taken on trips and I have LOTS of Paris photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but photos are great! Have you thought about turning them into canvas? A friend has done that from her travels and they are some of her most favorite possessions. It took me a long time to get the master bedroom "just right" but I'm really happy with how it turned out in the long run. Can't wait to see where you end up next! :)

      Delete