On Instagram I was tagged by another outdoor individual to share five non-fitness things about me and I truthfully had a hard time streamlining what five things to put down :)
It made me think about how much I love when other bloggers share random thoughts so I thought I'd post a few of them here too.
The ones I shared on Instagram were the following:
1) I've always made friends with dudes more easily than with females. It took me much longer to figure out how to be close friends with gals. I love my gals...and so appreciate my male friends too.
2) My coffee addiction is mental rather than physical...thinking about switching to decaf.
3) Sometimes I really miss my old Spanish skills.
4) Someday I hope to have (adopt) kids. If I have a daughter I'm thinking about trying to raise her to be the real life Lara Croft.
5) At 28, I'd already reached what I thought were my professional goals. By 30, my two biggest life fears happened. Life is still evolving...I can only imagine what is in store in the next 50-70 years ahead.
Some of the others that came to mind included:
--I've cured my Target cardigan addiction.
--Every morning starts with a banana.
--I play well with veterans.
--Until six years ago, I never really liked dogs.
--I'm the youngest of four, but closer in age to my two oldest nephews than my oldest sibling.
--My parallel lives include a version of me that went to College of Charleston in SC and is a marine biologist....and one that is a fashion and home decorator based on thrifted and/or created finds.
--My inner environmentalist is still trying to figure herself out.
--My home is my sanctuary.
--In reality, I'm even more anal-retentive than I let on. Living with various others makes me really have to try to keep this in check.
--Case in point...I believe counters should be wiped down routinely.
--If I could do anything with my life, ie money and responsibility was of no concern, I would wander the globe helping and getting to know people. Culture was my first love. Helping others is my true heart calling.
--Yesterday I just started journaling again for the first time in over ten years.
--Journaling feels better when done in pencil.
--Sunshine pouring through my windows stirs my soul.
--When stressed, I am easily overstimulated.
--Diamonds are not a girl's best friend.
--Slowing off from exercising so much is going to be harder than I thought.
--The first week of the term can be one of the most stressful for instructors.
--Nothing cuter than Roxi toting her stuffed puppy around every time I vacuum. :)
And there you have it--random randoms of the month :)