Thursday, December 4, 2014

Four Things Thursday

Lisa posted this today and I used to always love filling out surveys so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It's funny how sometimes doing something like this makes you have to re-assess your responses to see what is still true today!

Four names that people (have) call(ed) me other than my real name:
1.  Liz--I went by this from 3rd grade into college. With my first real job, I stopped shortening my name.
2.  EB--for five years, those were my initials and my boss always called me "EB"
3.  Lizard/Lizard Breath---my elementary school softball coach called me Lizard & a college friend used to call me it also in this hilarious tone of voice, my brother still occasionally calls me Lizard Breath
4.  Lizzy---this one is rare and only a few get permission to do so....my undergrad college advisor & a high school buddy

Four jobs I’ve had:  
1.  Veterans service provider
2.  Health Instructor (current)
3.  Adoption case worker (first job out of college)
4.  Research assistant (grad school)

Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1.  Catch & Release
2.  The Notebook
3.  Motorcycle Diaries
4.  The Family Stone
All of which I own & are go-tos when I feel the need to watch something.

Four books I’d recommend:
1.  The Island--Victoria Hislop (historical fiction: lepers/health, family, social justice)
2.  The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks--Rebecca Skloot (health & social justice)
3.  Having Faith--Sandra Steingraber (environmental health)
4.  Joy for Beginners--Erica Bauermeister (female read: friendship)

Four places I’ve lived:
1.  Eugene, Oregon
2.  Ft Polk, Louisiana
3.  Bahia Blanca, Argentina
4.  Philippine Islands

Four places I’ve visited:
1. London (probably one of my top ten life experiences)
2. Iguazu Falls on the border of Brazil & Argentina
3. Charleston, SC (LOVE--this is where I live in my other parallel life...)
4. Grand Canyon, AZ (want to go back to hike part of it)

Four things I prefer not to eat:
1. Calcium-rich bitter leafy greens, ie kale....but I eat them anyway
2. Raw/undercooked fish/meat, this includes raw fish in sushi
3. Cherry flavoring. I like real cherries but not pie fillings or anything that tastes like artificial cherries
4. Cooked zucchini unless it's sauteed or in bread

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Banana, avocado, blueberry, pb, & coconut milk smoothie
2. Veggie fajitas w LOTS of sour cream & guacamole
3. Granny's sauteed zucchini
4. Nontraditional pizza, such as pear, Gorgonzola, & hazelnuts--DELISH

Four TV shows I watch---I maybe watch something that has been on TV about once a month
1. Netflix New Girl
2. old episodes of What Not to Wear
3. home decorating shows the 2-3x a year I have access to cable
4. borrowed DVDs of Sex and the City  

Four things I’m looking forward to this year: (are we talking 2015?! :))
1.  Practicing the art of enjoying "just being"...not having too many expectations for the year
2.  Seeing how life continues to unfold, getting licensed to do massage, exploring career options, being open to what could occur but being okay with what is
3.  Continuing to pay down debts & making progress toward financial footing
4.  Making my dream of doing service work in Africa come true....

Four things I’m always saying:
1. Legitimately.....
2. Nicely done/Nice work!
3. Does that make sense? or Yea? (as a way to check in when I teach...& I say it way TOO MUCH)
4. Thank you!/Appreciate it!

How about you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment