Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Awesomeness

So beyond the awesome snowshoe adventures, this weekend left me feeling so, well, good and sort of spoiled.

Some other highlights:

---After snowshoeing on Friday, I took the housemate to meet up with my gal R for dinner, as they're both from Michigan...they actually grew up 20 minutes apart from each other. M and I were starving of course...but it was nice to just chill in a funky restaurant in SE together and listen to them share stories.

---My parents were up again and spent Friday night here. They drove up to see my nephew in a performance and then made the extra 1.5 hr drive again to crash here and then see extended family/Granny the next morning. Sounds like they had a great drive up the coast, stopping to do some things they usually don't do. They both really like M and were pretty impressed that he offered to make breakfast for everyone. It was great to see them and be able to host them, even if briefly.

---Late Saturday morning as my parents left, my gal T came over and we headed out for brunch together. We were able to chit chat about stuff we've been individually dealing with and it was just a great start to Saturday.

---Saturday afternoon I tried to take a nap (no go) and then M and I ran the rent money by the landlords to introduce him to them before heading up to REI to return the snowshoes I'd bought (but that weren't the right size and that pinched my toes due to an overly tight binding). I started looking at GPS watches and found the one that my old running buddy Mike suggested...and it was on sale for thirty bucks off--SOLD! Housemate M and I then went to Freddies for groceries...and I started thinking about hosting a dinner party at the house.....

---which ended up getting myself, M, and my old housemate A invited downtown to my buddy L's apartment where he and his gf were having a seafood boil. M and I stopped for Abita (southern) beer and some other contributions....and then the five of us had a great night just chatting, eating some great food (my first crabs!), listening to L's old school records, and just hanging out in general. When we left we planned another evening for all of them to head over for dinner here....


---Sunday was the great day with B up on the mountain and included lunch at this great lil Mexican place on the way back. After showering and taking care of the dogs, B drove out to pick me up and we went to see Identity Thief in the theatres. This marks two weeks in a row that I actually sat through an entire movie without getting restless....big improvement folks! :)

---After getting dropped off after the movie, M and I threw some dinner together and watched an old favorite (Old School) and chatted about our respective days. The dogs were happily exhausted.

Seriously great, great weekend...full of lots of little and big moments. Tons of outdoor time, quality conversations with great people, and honestly, in so many ways, I'm just feeling spoiled lately...and retraining myself that it's okay to do the little things for others and trying to work on being a better friend in general. Life won't always be up on a high....I know this, but I'm enjoying the high that life is presenting currently....

Hope y'all had a great weekend as well!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that things are going so well in your life these days! Your level of contentment is very apparent from the tone of your posts!

    ReplyDelete